With its coarse, gritty texture, Sharp Sand is also often referred to as builders’ sand. It is 0-4mm in size, with a higher percentage of large grains.
It is versatile, with a number of applications, including mixing with concrete, smoothing floors and screeding, loosening heavier soils (such as those with a high clay content) and for the laying of block paving and slabs.
We also provide a broad range of other sand products, including:
- As dug sand
- Washed Building Sand, which is finer and provides a smoother finish required for mortar
- Washed Sand for top dressing
- Washed Rootzone Sand
- Dry Screened Building Sand
- Screened Pit Sand
- Grit Sand (graded to 4mm)
- Plastering Sand, providing a fine smooth finish
We can also supply Recycled Sharp Sands, which provide a cheaper and more environmentally friendly alternative to virgin aggregates. These are perfect for laying slabs and block paving.