If you enjoy building long-term relationships with customers, can give us at least two years’ account management experience and, a bonus, some waste industry knowledge, how about working for Grundon, one of the UK’s top-performing private and progressive companies as our Account Manager? Based at Ewelme, near Wallingford, you will join us on permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and a host of great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Uncapped Bonus
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay and Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme
What you'll be doing as Account Manager
Contract Manager-meets-Sales-Support in this varied role: you’ll join a friendly and close-knit team where everyone works together and helps each other out, taking responsibility for:
- the active day-to-day management and growth of existing SME accounts, whilst keeping a close eye on budgets: visiting customers, updating them on new innovations and legislation, and converting enquiries into sales;
- carrying out regular reviews of each account in terms of price, type of service, best value and profitability;
- creating appointments for the Sales team;
- dealing with operational issues and customer queries in conjunction with other departments, such as Transport and Finance.
Grow with Grundon
The opportunities to progress at Grundon are some of the best in the industry because we’re growing and developing new waste innovations and solutions that can help our customers achieve their ‘green’ aspirations. You only have to visit our Energy from Waste facility on the outskirts of London – one of the most modern facilities of its type in the UK – to realise that a career with us as Account Manager is far from boring!
What we’re looking for in our Account Manager
- At least 2 years’ experience in a contract management environment.
- Waste industry knowledge is a bonus.
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; you’re a persuasive ‘people person’ with great communication and presentation skills.
- You’re good at organising your time and meeting deadlines.
- Ideally, familiarity with your territory: Oxford, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Henley on Thames, Bicester, Milton Keynes, Kidlington, Banbury and surrounding areas.
Working hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, although flexibility is required.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story and embarking on a fantastic career path as our Account Manager? Click apply.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.