If you have welding and fabrication experience, including MIG welding, we want to hear from you! There's plenty to keep you busy as Welder Fabricator at Grundon's Ewelme depot in South Oxfordshire, and we're offering a permanent full-time contract, competitive salary and host of great benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
What you'll be doing as Welder Fabricator
This is a practical job that involves working well with your hands and a variety of different metals and materials, cutting, heating, melting and joining them together.
As Welder Fabricator, you will play a key part in ensuring customers' waste containers and compaction units (industrial machines that compress rubbish so it takes up less space) are returned to them in good condition, by repairing and refurbishing them to high standards and making parts. Carrying out testing before they go back into service is all part of the job.
You will need to work to production schedules, strict health & safety regulations and maintain the equipment in the workshop, cleaning tools and equipment and work areas.
What we're looking for in our Welder Fabricator
- Previous welding and fabrication experience, including MIG welding
- Ability to follow CAD engineering drawings and instructions for each job
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to fault find, rectify and conduct final testing
- Full UK driving licence - you must be prepared to travel to customers' sites if needed
Working hours: 7am-4.45pm, Mon-Fri - 45 hours per week, though flexibility is required.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. Interested in joining our success story as Welder Fabricator? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.